Tuesday, April 29, 2008

walking, personal day one


Walking today: the sky is blue, which is a blessing, and the trees are breaking from buds into little spurts of leaves, little bits of green fuzz. The lawns--some are of the buzz cut sort; ours is balding in parts, tufty in others. As I was walking, I thought I heard a tuning--that A-note shift on a violin, an orchestra getting ready. The traffic whispered by, and when I caught a still moment, I spotted a weed whacker, its higher range catching. Then lower, the symphony of summer starting. A lawn mower joined the chorus.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

so nice, the violin sentence, sigh.

Storyteller said...

hair. cut?
or. eyebrows. waxed?
or something serious. sorry if that is so.

mail is such a wonderful thing. cathartic, particularly when it is (finally) reciprocated.

ask, ask, ask!!!
thank you, thank you, thank you!!!