Monday, March 13, 2006

SNOW DAY

Yay!!!!!

(I didn't think it would be possible to be more excited about a snow day as an adult then I was as a kid, but here I am, excited...)

What am I going to do today? Well, I think I'll get some contacts as mine are driving me nuts and renew a perscription and all of those great things that I haven't been able to do (and have been waiting for spring break to do) because I'm at school for 10-12 hours every day now, have 2 hours of driving, and most things here in town close by five and aren't generally open on weekends.

But for now, I'm going to continue reading my book (The Constant Gardner) and wait for the phone to ring because we have a phone tree, and I don't want the call to wake K. I'm hoping he'll call in to work from home today, so we can spend more time together (such a rarity--such a gift!) but we'll have to see about that.

I hope everyone who can't have a snow day is safe today--my school doesn't often have snow days, so it must be accumulating still more up there. (We're not so bad here, but I've heard a little thunder, I think--or is it all the trucks going by?) I was hopping around last night when the news was on, hoping, hoping, hoping, and they said the city would get up to ten inches. I told K. that because I didn't "need" the snow day (I'm pretty caught up--or rather, I actually knew what I was doing today and didn't need more time to plan, though I have a handout I would have had to whip out as soon as I got to campus), we might actually get one, but now that my hopes were up, I might have jinxed it.

Really, I need to stop obsessing over this, read until the call comes, fall back to sleep, wake up, and enjoy the day.

K. will be happy to use the new snowblower again. Hopefully he won't try to do half the neighborhood again and kill the poor thing!

No comments: