Friday, March 10, 2006

making peace

I think I may have made peace with my job situation, but more likely--I am in denial. I keep thinking there is no way they couldn't have me back. In fact, I've decided to put in an application to go to AP institute this summer in hopes I'll get to eventually teach AP Lit.

The musical is coming along. We've finally begun to start putting pieces together--dance with singing and acting. Our set finally got started today as well, which frustrates me.

Speaking of frustration--we reserved the black box for today for rehearsal. There were golf nets that filled it up, stinking the whole place up. I am so sick of sports coming before fine arts. This keeps happening, and I need to accept it, but I'm angry. These kids work just as hard and are just as talented and just as worthy of recognition... We didn't see the principal or the activities director at any of the performances of the One Act play. Typical. I'm just cranky about it and shouldn't get into it.

In other news, I have started a reading blog. I've decided my reading life is significant enough to warrant a blog. Let me know if you have any recommendations or what you think of books I might put up there! I love comments. As long as they're good! :)

No comments: