Saturday, November 12, 2005

New Beginnings

I brought home a crate full of grading this weekend. Facing it isn't my idea of a thrilling weekend... my goal right now is just to organize it. The quarter ended at my school, so I have to try to at least grade a portion of it... the kids were begging for the unit test to not appear on midterm grades--I told them it might motivate them to study more!

Monday marks a new beginning for some of my students, and I think this is a new beginning for me as well. I know that teaching, especially in the first year, can be extraordinarily tiresome and frustrating, but whenever I feel like I can take it no more, I think about how this is exactly what I want to do. And no matter how much I feel frustrated about a particular lesson, I think about how great those students are and how I can do better--I can do better for me, and I can do better for them.

Anyway, here I am. I hope this finds you well. And I hope this works, though I know it's not wise. I guess I'm self destructive that way. :)

No comments: