Sunday, November 13, 2005

visiting weekends


I have succeeded in moving my crate of grading from the kitchen to the dining room, and that is all the organizing I have done. Actually, K moved it, so I didn't even have a part in it. We had some friends come over last night in celebration (some were even a wonderful surprise--C came from the city along with L and A and C and J from the south--it is good to have good friends around, especially when you have been glum about the social aspect of your life and while still in love with it, are frustrated and tired by your career). We had Mexican and my fridge is now full of lovely gifts. :)

There are so many things on my mind that I could write about, but I am waiting for the dust to settle on the Big Issue. Right now I'm just trying to keep my voice going but with an appropriate approach. I'm not sure what that is any more. I just know that this is important to me, and I know that it means a lot to some people (and means nothing to a great many people), so I'm not going to stop. Not yet, anyway.

So my father has been kind enough to take me on as a "private" pupil. I was sad about not being in the world of academics any more (college--I know school is academics, but it's not quite satisfying what I long for), and I had considered taking some night classes on the canon, but realized I didn't have the time or money to dedicate to that. So my father is going to help guide me through the "house of literature" (a goofy metaphor that allows me to say "Well, I am studying the foundation now"). I am starting with the Bible, and will move on to either Shakespeare or mythology.

Genesis. A new beginning, right?

No comments: