Sunday, September 02, 2007

lay your worry down


Item One: Autumn Blaze Maple. Acer x fremanni 'Jeffersred' Ten feet tall. Two of me, it seems.


Item two: Husband and red wheelbarrow. Backyard dirt and crabgrass. Shovel.


Item three: Zestar! Apple. Malus 'Minnewashta.' Needs much smaller hole than Bruce, our new maple. Guess who dug which hole?


Item four: me watching dirt fall into wheelbarrow. Husband pulled up a lawn chair when I dug my Bruce-sized hole, held an MGD in his hands, handed me the tape measure.


Item five: Lay your worry down. We mourned the loss of our first maple to drought; others at the tree nursery had trouble as well. He wanted an apple; I wanted another maple (I am fiercely loyal to breeds and brands and friends and whatnot). We will make pie some day, but not of Bruce, I promise.

No comments: