Thursday, November 17, 2005

advisor extraordinaire

Remind me not to take a nap after school any more. I'm not sure if I'll be able to fall asleep at a normal hour tonight! Of course, tomorrow is Friday, so I just have to make it through the day, which very well could be a feat. I think that we're all--me, the students, the administration, all of us--ready for Thanksgiving break. Heck, give me another month of summer! There is snow on the ground... I looked out the window from our cubicles and saw the football fields covered in the dusting, enough to hide the grass away, and I got a little tingle of excitement for teaching. Why is that? I thought only fall and the leaves changing could do it, but there I was, tingling at the strangest time.

I had my first Literary Arts Magazine meeting after school today, and we already have two girls that will share the editor-in-chief position. I have a group of nine plus girls (a few couldn't come today) who are excited and want to have regular meetings and all of that. Unfortunately, there is a conflict with someone every single day after school. We'll have to figure something out.

I was so involved when I was in high school--now I advising so much and on so many committees after school. You'd think I would have learned my lesson at some point.

OK, well, I ought to do something productive. I'm tired of being productive. I miss being a lazy college student who did nothing but read heavy novels and write papers and edit poems. All this pressure to be good and entertaining and on top of things really tires a girl out.

No comments: