Thursday, September 29, 2005

First Sick Day

I have this nasty cold that I still can't quite seem to shake, although I'm feeling a bit better. I took my first sick day yesterday. As we already know, I probably should have taken a sick day earlier (Friday or Monday) in order to recover, but instead, I saved it for yesterday... Open House on Monday and no real sub folder for Friday. Anyway, I took my first sick day yesterday, and it went well... I slept until eleven, was lazy, fed myself orange juice and medicine. My sub's name was Corey Day and according to Roshelle, he was indeed blonde and about our age (and shaken by my 5th and 6th hours, so it's not just me that gets tired out by them), so he might have been a guy I went to high school with and someone Ryan played soccer with. That would be interesting! The thought occurred to me--my kids are so wild at the end of the day that I might never get a sub to want to come back. Eep!

OK, must shower and get going. I have only a vague idea of what we are doing today, and I don't want to get too thrown by not being there yesterday. Indeed, it was incredibly difficult to leave on Monday afternoon, knowing I wouldn't be back, but I made it through, and now I have to get back into the swing of things.

And I'm discovering that although it's not so bad, I'm not exactly fond of getting up at 5 in the morning.

No comments: