Monday, September 05, 2005

First day tomorrow...

Tomorrow is my very first day as a teacher. (As a non-student teacher, anyway.)

Tomorrow is also Lakeville South's first day as a school. Up until now, we'd just been preparing.

It's kind of comforting to know that the entire building is having a first day as well, from the teachers to the administrators that are making up the permanent people in the building to the bricks and mortar and all of that philosophical stuff.

We just have 9th and 10th graders, the folks that are new to "high school" and the following day we will add 11th graders. We won't have a senior class this first year as a school but we will the following year. The junior highs will start being middle schools tomorrow.

Sure, I'm a little nervous, but I honestly think this is what I am meant to be doing, and I feel fairly confident. I hope comfort will transfer from my days at Roseville Area High School, and I think they will.

We'll see...

No comments: