Friday, March 21, 2008

Week 2: Friday Favorites

To see the originals, click on the links:
1. thank you alyson!, 2. come lets sail away in orange boats..., 3. Red flowers, 4. *, 5. Untitled, 6. poppies, 7. 57/366: Inner beauty..., 8. office light, 9. Untitled, 10. Bunched, 11. thank you alyson!, 12. upside-down


Book: Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison. I can cite several living authors I am absolutely in awe of, and Toni Morrison competes with Sharon Olds and Margaret Atwood for that top spot. I read this book in high school; this is one that I promise you is well worth your time, and it's one of those magical books that slides together in the end. A satisfying read.

Film: Sex and Lucia. I thought, originally, that it would be a terribly naughty movie, but it's essentially a character study in a beautiful setting. The images are absolutely gorgeous. I fantasize about escaping with a typewriter to a sun soaked location, isolated, but a quiet part of everything around me.

Music: Tori Amos is another one of my earlier loves. Hers is also the first concert I attended (with Kelly, at the Weidner Center), and most recently, with Becky and Eireann at the U of MN (years ago now, and strange, because both have gone on to become successful poets). She was before Ani Difranco even, as far as music loves goes, and I love "Take to the Sky" especially.

Eco: Eco Choices. Another shopping site, but this one was particularly of interest to me because of its biodegradable cat pan liners (and pooper scooper bags). I've stocked up!

Get Involved: Eco Libris: plant a tree for every book you read. Ryan is always looking around the house, laughing at me and how I hug trees but have so many books. Here's an idea on how to make up for it.

Blog: 3191 Immerse yourself in wonderful photo images. After a year of mornings (which has been picked up by a publisher), we are on to enjoy a year of evenings. Much quiet simplicity here, something I adore.

Etsy: Yes Press. Poetry, letterpress, postcards, broadsides. Never a better combination.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for all the links- yummy--

hope you are having a fabulous vacay

~bluepoppy