Abby Try Again is hosting a beautiful film week, and I couldn't help but join along, especially as I try to broaden my viewing horizons. Some of my favorite films, the ones that make me smile, the ones that are visually gorgeous, the ones that, if you haven't seen them yet, I urge you to do so (I could make a much longer list, but the word "beautiful" seems to fit these so perfectly):
- Life is Beautiful: Hello princess! I've used this in my last week of classes, just before the school year is let out. It has a perfect assignment for my freshmen--they write an essay on how the characters we have studied throughout the school year have made their lives beautiful, they write about people in their own lives make life beautiful, and they write about how they will make their own lives beautiful. Look to the future.
- Amelie: I almost want to travel with that little gnome around the globe.
- A Very Long Engagement: There is nothing like having hope.
- In America: The power of family and healing.
- Little Miss Sunshine: More family connectivity and shameless joy.
- Whale Rider: Faith, determination, culture.
- Antonia's Line: Freedom and acceptance.
What are the films that move you? What are your beautiful films, the ones filled with hope and rich imagery? The ones that buoy you up?
7 hours ago