Seven Things I Plan To Do Before I Die :
1. Publish a book of poetry (hey, or more, but I don't want to be too greedy)
2. Give birth (and be a mother)
3. Travel everywhere on my list (create a list)
4. Teach college
5. Make an impact on the literary world
6. (continue to) Love Husband from start to finish
Seven Things I Can Do :
1. Write poetry on the tickertape in my head
2. Spend an entire day reading and be content
3. Run up a serious credit card debt in a bookstore
4. Sleep. I'm so good at sleeping--I have yet to meet someone who is better than I am.
5. Explicate. I love picking apart language and literature.
6. Cheerlead. One thing I love about teaching freshmen and teaching literature--it's fun to be a cheerleader for literature and for their learning; I believe in both very strongly.
Seven Things I Can't Do
1. Turn a cartwheel
2. Motivate myself enough to grade for an entire day and stay sane
3. Walk around anywhere without hip checking or shoulder checking something (in other words, I lack some grace, and I never signed up for a class with a pink tutu)
4. Speak as much French, or any other second language (unless mumblish counts) as I'd like
5. Say "no" in a bookstore
6. Knit a sweater.
7. Go a month without feeling that occasional pang of failure. (This, today: realizing, after an overly sensitive moment with Husband, that I am exhausted recently, feeling as if I cannot do everything well, just most things fine. This, the life of a teacher.)
Seven Things That Attract Me to People :
1. Conversation--the kind I get lost in, the kind that goes until sunrise
2. Deep talent & desire to learn
4. Active reader
5. Unique character, quirks
6. Kindness and generosity
Seven Things I Say Most:
1. "Alright, folks, let's get started."
2. "I love you"
3. "Stop chewing that!" or "Drop!" (Zephyr)
4. "Hey, how about you put down that laptop and snuggle with me?" (Ha)
5. "Stop licking me!" (Penelope, silly)
6. "I'm a book nerd, I can't help it."
7. "OK, let me tell you a story..."
Seven Celebrity Crushes:
1. Sharon Olds (I love her sensory imagery)
2. Cate Blanchett
3. Margaret Atwood
4. Peter Krause (esp. Six Feet Under)
5. Ani Difranco
6. William Shakespeare (shush, I know it's cliche)
7. Anne Sexton
Seven People I am tagging:
1. If you
2. haven't done
3. a meme
4. in your blog
5. lately, go
6. for it.
life, week 16
14 hours ago