Sunday, June 10, 2007

we are back!


I am showered now, in a shower that doesn't require flip flops or checking for ticks (which is a whole other pair of photographs), clean from the slick sweep of sweaty hair, the damp pooling at the base of my back. I feel shaved, fresh, and lotioned, a bit human again, almost pretty.

We had a lovely time, though I will share with you (too) many more pictures and little snippets of observations, but I intend to have a warm nap in my bed with cotton sheets (and no daddy long legs and no dogs pressed against our faces or thrust across our legs) and a thick book, but for now, I leave you with these images, the only two pictures we had taken of me and the man I absolutely adore (and is my hero and you'll see why when I wake up from my nap and babble on happily and recall the heat, the deer leg, the wildflowers, the campfire, and good friends). So much laughter, so much joy.

No comments: