Wednesday, June 06, 2007

June list


I bring these things into the month of June:

- being brave
- facials and waxing and cleansing my body and skin as well as my mind and home
- foreign & independent films
- using Life is Beautiful and Il Postino in my two preps, the students liking both
- the desire to learn French again
- camping for the first time in a decade with good friends
- 6/29/07: Emily's wedding (I wiggle with excitement over that one)
- saying good-bye to This High School, hello to the future and possibilities
- a new classroom with a round seating arrangement, plumped for discussion
- barbeque and shishkabobs
- good reads
- fresh flowers by the kitchen sink window each week
- Corinne Bailey Rae (especially "Put Your Records On")
- poet Anne Carson
- the special feeling of reading in bed while it is raining outside
- collecting strange dreams, stranger each day
- countdown to my own wedding (two months very soon)
- Tuesday writing group
- the start of the summer theatre class I will teach (and the grateful love I send to my mother who will cover a day and a half of classes so I can attend Emily's wedding and rehearsal dinner)
- sleeping in

6 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

You have a very nice blog! I love these candles and your month of June is sounding mighty fun to me! ; )

Mindy said...

can't stop listening to that corrine cd! so mellow and swwet - perfect for summer. love all your june things, especially the camping. got to get back into the woods. thanks for stopping by...xo, mindy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Molly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

In regard to a post left on her blog on showers:

Oh my gosh...I would be so furious. You see, there was major drama with one of my wedding showers, too, which was supposed to be at my in-laws house - and which they cancelled the day of. It was a very bad day.

I don't think, maybe, that they do showers very well?

Anyway, I am over it now. Well, mostly. I had a wonderful time, surrounded by people who I love and who love me AND this baby. I hope any and all of your showers go off beautifully - and eep! reading about your wedding flowers! My favorite part of any wedding. I hope you get all the blossoms you want.

:) Sam

lizardek said...

Corrine is on constant reply on my player, too :)