Monday, June 18, 2007

chez mes parents


There is something about 3191 that strikes a chord in me--something about their talent for making the ordinary feel a little more extraordinary. There's also something lovely about quiet simplicity, organization, and small treasures that I love about 3191.

In creative writing class, I've talked about how it's difficult for me to write about the things that are closest to me, the most familiar, because I don't know how to distance myself and give just the right information for the reader. It all seems relevant to me.

I think the same goes for photography. I decided to explore my parents' house while my mother and I were on a marathon lesson plan writing session for the summer theatre class we are teaching. This is what I came up with this time:





































3 comments:

KeLL said...

It's so strange to look at your parents house in this way. As many times as I've been there, I don't think I've ever noticed the little details. It's scary how much we don't take in of our surroundings.

lizardek said...

These photo-detail posts are just wonderful. :)

Anonymous said...

Love all the little tid bits of the home and garden. I especially love the floor! :)