Saturday, April 07, 2007

the last hurrah

Tonight is Kelly's bachelorette party. In hindsight, it would have been much wiser to have the wedding shower on the same day as the bachelorette party, though I think I originally didn't want Kell to be tired out from one party and not have enough energy for the second. And as I write this, she is taking a nap; I just got off the phone with her and she seemed as if curling up in a cave of blankets was the only option for her right now.

We are going downtown: a Club Room at the Millennium Hotel and an evening at Comedy Sportz.

I am giving her the option between two scavenger hunts while we are out: one is an item hunt (collect things like a business card, a condom, chapstick, etc.) and the other would be a photo scavenger hunt (holding hands, kissing, surprising drink, unique surface, craziest outfit, startling lighting, etc.). We'll also do the standard: how-well-do-you-know-your-groom (first kiss, fantasy place, etc.) questions in order for her to earn a drink or a piece of her outfit (I'm not sure which is a reward and which is punishment), and everyone is to come with a pair of underwear and she has to guess the giver.

K is lending us his minivan, which, as a current non-drinker (for now), I often end up driving. (It's another bonus to dating me: I am a built in DD.) It's akin to driving a whale around town; I'm not used to its bulk. I'm also not used to being able to see over the fence as I back out of the drive and not used to having to step up so high to reach the seat!


A scavenger hunt for you: this crow called out to me as I pulled into the drive yesterday. There was a robin in our prairifire crabapple tree; Zephyr stripped the low hanging fruit early in his residency here.

We decided Zephyr would make a nice addition to our party tonight--our token bachelor for the evening. Something tells me fancy downtown hotels and comedy clubs would frown upon a bulky puppy who is defiant to calls of "No! Outside! Outside!" (this reminds me of Ryan's family dog and its official name Cocoa, also known as Ohnomorepooping, which has a nice cadence).

No comments: