Friday, December 30, 2005

And on a bracelet even


At the New York Public Library.

Also a bracelet:

Teach us...that we may feel the importance of every day, of every hour, as it passes.

--from a prayer by Jane Austen, circa 1811

At BasBleu.

Speaking of other neat gifts, now that my birthday and Christmas are recently past, there are a few other "bookish" gifts out there for your beloved bibliophile:

-beach towel
-board game (besides Book Lover's Trivial Pursuit, of course)
-cutting board
-umbrella and umbrella
-photo albums


Apparently, we can't get enough of Jane Austen at BasBleu. :) K's mother introduced me to this website... yes, I even have the book rug to prove it. Lordy, I think I have better things to do with my time... but it's winter break and as I told K today: "I'm bored!"

(I did finally bring in those research papers in from the cold... I just can't quite bring myself to grade them.)

Ok, beyond time for bed.

(PS: Book finished today--The English Teacher. It's time to stop reading contemporary novels and work on the canon. Seriously now. Just because something attracted my attention somehow doesn't mean it's good... I need to fill in the gaps and leave the library to books on CD. Seriously.)

1 comment:

Angie said...

I like the 'Reading is Sexy' t-shirt on that site!