Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Dreams

This certainly isn't the first and it won't be the last--last night I had a dream about teaching. I was back at Crosswinds doing the poetry class with Mandy. We had them do a writing activity that involved drawing (they all drew cars, for whatever reason) and they read what they wrote in response. I did the activity and said, "I'll read what I have." It was nice because it was the first almost-poetry I had written in a while, but I had trouble reading my handwriting and the kids were getting impatient because it was going on so long. One girl said something to that effect, "Geez, let's do something else. It's going on too long!" I was distressed; not only was she disrespectful, but she was rude to me personally. I did a little speech about being respectful, etc. There was a little waver in my voice when I did it. And class was dismissed. I wandered the halls a bit and ran into the principal. I asked one of the other teachers, "Why are we still here? I thought we were only supposed to do this for a week. Now it's Monday again." No one was certain how long we would be teaching.

Anyway, there it is. I had another dream about exploring Crosswinds in search of missing twin babies. Not really sure what that one was about!

No comments: